Monday, July 15, 2013

Getting back on track.

This summer if flying by at a pace I'm struggling to keep up with. Between working three 10 hour days every week and having weekends full of commitments and places to go, I have not done much in the way of preparing the house for the even busier hustle and bustle of fall. Not to mention we've relied heavily on junky convenience foods and many shortcuts that are not doing our bodies any good.

BUT, every day is a new day and a chance to make changes. I've started tackling the dining room and hope to finish that as well as moving on to decluttering the counters in the kitchen. I also need to figure out a workable meal plan so that we can have a home cooked, healthy meal at night and on the days that I do not work. Our grocery budget is way out of control and, as I said, has been taken over by very unhealthy foods. A lot of the problem with meals and foods is finding lower cost options that aren't full of heavy carbs and grains. My body just can't do that. I've lost 40 lbs so far and have no intention of putting it back on. Pinterest, of course, is a good source of inspiration but I find myself overwhelmed at the grocery store and then end up falling back to old habits. My husband needs to have meals ready to take to work as well as food accessible when he wakes up and gets home from work. His hours are long and odd so keeping a healthy diet could really help him.

Organizing the house... another area that completely overwhelms me. I just want to move and start over. Seriously. I have no idea what to do with the stuff we need to get rid of. Stuff that truly is garbage. We can only put so much stuff out for the trash collection every week and finding a time to go to the land fill is nearly impossible. This is a lovely house but the layout is not optimal. Our second story is virtually unused. Clutter piles up in every nook and cranny and the more that I do, the more mess I seem to make.

I'm working on it though. Trying to concentrate on baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment